Choquequirao Trek Pleasurable 4 Days
The city after founded no body visit because was found ready Machupicchu and historian guest that is the golden city, but later Choquequirao was proven this is the last refuge were a center for expanded to the Peruvian cost.
The location of the city is close to the gods (sky, sun, moon, star and mountain) A spectacular trek that will lead you to the enigmatic last refuge of the Incas. Choquequirao (3.103m/10178ft) is a huge archaeological complex still under cleaning and restoration process located in the surroundings of the Salkantay sacred mountain (6.271m/20569ft) and the Apurimac River canyon. You will enjoy amazing mountain scenery as well as lots of Andean flora and fauna.
Tourist Package: Choquequirao Trek Pleasurable
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Type: Culture, Adventures and Trek on the Andes
Group Size: Maximum 10, no minimum required
Level of difficulty: Moderate, scale (0 to 10) it is 8 relative
Departures Day:Any day with two people. We offer affordably priced tours for 2 people so that you can depart when it suits you best.
Highlight: Doing a Peru famous trek! Family trips recommended for nature passionate and adventure.
Acclimatization: Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.
Open season: The dry season (April to December)
Location:Apurimac and Cusco area, vilcabamba valley and sta Teresa valley 5 hrs. drive from Cusco to start point.
ITINERARY - DAY BY DAY
Day 1: Cusco – Capuliyoc – Santa Rosa
Before the first daylight we jump on the car to transport at start to our adventure, breakfast in the Hotel around 5 am. likewise make sure bring all your own equipment to the trek. Then we will start with our journey to the village of Cachora from Cusco 4 hours drive to the trailhead of Cachora, continuing thereafter towards the Cunyac Bridge between the departments of Cusco and Apurimac, arriving at Cachora 2800 masl. and Capuliyoc 2900 masl at . Here we will meet with our horseman (donkey drivers), here is the first view to the Choquequirao complex still further, we starting with gentleman downhill by serpent trail over the Apurimac canyon for 4 hours, crossing the small hamlet and hut called Cocamasana and Chiquisca on the lower part of the valley, the climate is warm and sunny on the dry season is dusty, we will have lunch before the start the ascent towards Santa Rosa hamlet, lunch spot called Playa Rosalinda 1500 masl, after nap the ascent is around 2 hours till Sta Rosa 2100 masl. The first base camp.
Distance : 14 km
Climate : warm and sunny
Hiking time : 7 hours
Day 2: Santa Rosa – Marampata - Choquequirao
One day of complete adrenaline to climb up to the ancient city there are the highest view to the landscape, after light breakfast around 6:00 am, we will continue our trek, we will hike up to Marampata 2850 m.a.s.l for about 3 hours slow pace. During our journey we will observe the vegetation existing in the area. Then we will arrive to Maranpata beside the Chunchumayo River where we will have lunch and short rest. Along the way we will observe many orchids and wild flowers as well as many birds, Marampata the beautiful camping as well lunch spot, across the mountains is clearly to appreciate the Choquequirao city 3000 masl. From lunch is 2 hours hike along the Inca trail with impressive views to Choquequirao and surrounded the complex. On the afternoon recommended visit with less clouds and clear views to mountain ranges early darkness side down tents close to Choquequirao 2950 masl. Base camp.
Distance : 8 km
Climte : warm and windy
Hiking time : 5 hours
Day 3: Choquequirao – Marampata - Chiquisca
To wake up on the Andes it is delight to following Our instinct of path finders, quit breakfast will be on the wild life in Choquequirao is prize by sunrise and fill up of gladness, We will arrive at the archaeological site in time to enjoy the impressionist views of the deep canyons and maybe the opportunity to see a Condor flying near, we will walk towards of the Choquequirao archaeological complex, which is a one-hour walk to see the Choquequirao and where our guide and mystic knowledge you feel travel around the time, after 3 hours exploring the complex we start return way back to the begin by the same trail 2 hours down cross the Apurimac river and 1 hour up until Chiquisca. base camp.
Distance : 14 km
Climate: warm and sunny
Hiking time: 7 hours
Day 4: Chiquisqa – Capuliyoc – Cusco.
The last Andean breakfast is the biggest and special with the river noising, mostly time of the day is hat and up back to the begin, we will return along the same route to Capuliyoc 2800 masl., the slope back the way up appreciate the condors and some Andean life on the route and snowcapped mountains and turn the head, share the experience on the trek, we descended on the first day and which is a soft climb of two hours until the pass of Capuliyoc 2915 m.a.s.l. During our journey we will observe the exotic flora and fauna as well as sights of majestic snow-capped peaks and the impressive canyon of the Apurimac. After to get Capuliyoc where the Climbing path finishes we will have lunch Where is the last views to the apurimac valley and Choquequirao, in over all the climbing time is 4 hours approx.. to get towards Capuliyoc the end of the trek and lunch spot, In the afternoon we will drive a car back 5 hours to Cusco. Arriving around 8 p.m., passengers will be transferred to the hotel. End of the services.
Distance : 9 km
Climate : warm and sunny
Hiking time : 5 hours
- Collection from your hotel in the morning
- Transportation by bus to the start of the trail (Cachora)
- English speaking professional guide
- Igloo tents - 2 persons
- Double thickness foam mattress
- Kitchen tent, Dining tent with camp tables and chairs
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Choquequirao Inca Site entrance fee
- Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes (while hiking)
- Cook and Cooking equipment
- Excellent Meals (03B,04L,03D + 04 morning snacks)
- food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is excellent for the altitude
- We supply boiled water to fill in your water bottle all the time,(while hiking) if you may need more, please request it with enough time ahead to your crew
- Teatime the first three days (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn)
- Horses days 1-4 (for equipment and personal items, actually your main heavy stuff, will be carried by the horses, it means you only will carry a small day bag, day by day, we included
- Private Bus returning from Cachora Town to Cusco City
- Transfer to your hotel
- Sleeping bag
- Lunch and Dinner on the last day
- Inflatable mattresses
- Walking stick
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Sleeping back.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho cold and sun hat.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card
- Extra money in soles (s/ 400.00 soles) emergency case and tips.
- Since the weather can be very cold and mostly, your clothes - once gotten wet - won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
- An extra horse to carry your personal items: US$ 20.00 Per Day. A horse can carry up to 30 kg.
- Sleeping bag rent: US$ 5.00 Per Day. Our sleeping bags are –18ºC-comfort (0ºF) and mummy form and include a sleeping liner.
- Walking stick lightweight aluminum ($2.00 per day, per stick) two sticks are recommended for tough hikes.
- Thermarest inflatable mattress - $4 per trip day
- Single tent supplement (if you don’t want to share a tent) $25.00 per person
Price: $400.00 per person(Group Services)
To open a NEW "FIXED DEPARTURES DATE IN A PRIVATE SERVICE"
We only need 2 paxs
2 person group US$ 600.00 each
3 to 4 person group US$ 500.00 each
5 to more person group US$ 420.00 each
To book any tour/trek through with Choquequirao Trek, we do require a $200 deposit per person. PayPal does charge us a fee of 7% which we ask the client to cover. This does add $14 to each deposit, so a total of $214. This taxes is just for deposits, the remaining, you will pay in cash(briefing day) without taxes.